2013/12/07

Curling tournament

Well,  the big news this week is that I decided to join the IAK  curling team this season. It's strange for me because the only previous experience I have had with curling is switching the channel and saying,  "where is the hockey game?".
But now I'm on a team of players with at least some experience,  although there are other beginners.  Thankfully I am not the only one bringing the team down.
We also missed the beginners league by a few months so we are in a competitive league this time around. Our first match was a 9-0 loss.  I feel better about it after finding out one of their players was a former junior curling champion for all of Japan in 2012.
So once I figured that out,  I decided that we needed to do some practicing.  So far we (Asuka and I) have had two practice sessions and I am getting slightly better,  though I have yet to understand how to correctly estimate how much power to use and I still haven't gotten my balance together for sliding across the ice.  I'm so wobbly still! 
Our next game is Tuesday night and I'm not sure but I think it might be against last year's Nagano championship team. 
Never enough practice.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿