2013/06/03

Japanese fun fact

So I learned something from my wife the other day that made me stop and think a moment. I even had to stifle a laugh for fear of making her upset with me. As it turns out, Japanese people don't have thumbs or toes.
The thumb thing I can understand, as many of us North Americans will say we have 10 fingers, where as I believe I have 8 fingers and two thumbs. ( if thumbs were fingers they would be called fingers and not thumbs. )
But what I don't understand, is how Japanese people refer to their toes. As Asuka explains it to me, the word for toes literally translates to "leg fingers". Seriously, leg fingers. I don't know what else to say except the name conjures up some pretty silly images.
So there you have it. The Japanese have 20 fingers, no thumbs and no toes. Awkward.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿